Date(s) - 21-10-2021|23-10-2021
09:00 - 17:00
Who is this workshop for?
The workshop is designed for psychologists, psychotherapists and psychiatrists who have already completed the first level training in Compassion Focused Therapy (in Italy, the U.K. or in other countries). Participants will be able to integrate the techniques learned during the training into their own private clinical practice.
The maximum number of participants for the workshop is set at 50. Should the maximum number of participants be reached, those who wish to participate will be added to a waiting list.
A detailed program will be available the day before the training
- Brief overview offering a summary of the theoretical framework of the main CFT techniques
- Compassion Focused Therapy for taking care (o for selfcare) of the therapist: the compassionate Inner Supervisor
- Working with multiple selves: advanced techniques (using visualization and chair work)
- Selfcritic: origins, functional analysis and intervention techniques (imaginative and using chairs)
- Working with “blockages, fear and resistances” to compassion
- Guilt and Shame: theoretical background, differences and intervention techniques
- Imagery with rescripting using the Compassionate Self – rationale and practical demonstrations
- Case formulation in Compassion Focused Therapy: rationale, demonstration and role playing in pairs
- Therapeutic relationship: activating the compassionate motivation to manage interpersonal dysfunctional cycles
- Advanced techniques in Compassion Focused Therapy
- The flow of gratitude
- Compassion at the mirror
- Discussion of clinical case studies presented by participants
Deze cursus wordt aangeboden door derden
Datum/ data: 21-23 oktober
Niveau: beginner / gevorderd / expert (specifieke eisen kunnen tussen haakjes vermeld worden bvb cursus x al gevolgd)
Taal: Nederlands / Engels
Prijs: 450 euro voor niet-leden – 300 euro voor leden VVGT
Info / inschrijven:https://vvgt.be/events/51712
Trainer: Officiële CFT-trainer
Dr. Nicola Petrocchi, Ph.D., Psy.D.
Nicola Petrocchi, Ph.D, Psy.D, is a licensed psychotherapist based in Rome, and Adjunct Professor of Psychology at John Cabot University (Rome). During his international Ph.D in Psychology and Social Neuroscience (Sapienza University of Rome), he was a visiting scholar at Boston University where he conducted research on the effect of Loving Kindness Meditation (LKM) on dysthymic patients. He then completed a Postdoctoral Fellowship at the Neuroimaging Laboratory, Fondazione Santa Lucia (Rome). After almost a decade of direct training and supervision with Prof. Gilbert, he is now an accredited Compassion Focused Therapy (CFT) therapist and trainer in Italy, Europe, USA and Canada.
He also established Compassionate Mind Italia, the Italian association for the research, training and dissemination of CFT in Italy (www.compassionatemind.it). He translated and edited in Italian the book “Compassion Focused Therapy: distinctive features” by Prof. Paul Gilbert (published by Franco Angeli) and edited the book “Mindful Compassion” by Paul Gilbert and Choden (published by Fioriti editore). He is the author of several national and international peer review publications and book chapters (https://scholar.google.it/citations?user=8bNSWREAAAAJ&hl=en). He is also the one of the co-authors of one of the volumes of the soon-to-be-published Manual for CFT by Paul Gilbert.